A week into the project and I am ready to start taking lives. Seven days without your OWN shower does that to a person. Luckily we have great friends that let us drag our disgusting exhausted selves to their house to shower. I'll tell you what, there's nothing like showing up at your boss's house late at night for a hit and run cleaning. Good Times.
I would say that I had the most fun during demolition. I do not remember sweating that much like, ever. I'm sure it was pretty sexy.

Removed the vanity and found this AMAZING linoleum.



Beside the cardio, here is the other reason I loved demo

We found these in the walls. I call them secret treasures, Joe says they are garbage. It just goes along with my sentimental nature. I like to think of all the reasons they would be in the walls. It's very likely that maybe a mouse or a sewing meerkat carried them in there but I like to think that a family just like ours put them in there for future renovators to find. Just let me have my moment of rose colored glasses, okay?
After removing all the debris we removed the tub. I think I still have fiberglass in my lungs. Or I've got the black lung. One of the two. Underneath the tub actually looked pretty darn good which always makes for happy renovators! All except for the 3' by 3' whole where the drain was.

I don't ask questions about why our house is the way that it is anymore. Suck it up, fix other's mistakes, and keep going. The hubs patched that bad boy right up and we were on our way to a new bathtub and plumbing.

Bathtub CHECK!

Plumbing CHECK!
It's at this point that I always start to get a flutter in my tummy.

It's sheetrock people! SHEETROCK!
...You know what comes after sheetrock? Texture. You know what comes after texture? PAINT! Oh yes. My love for paint and colors will never cease to thrive like a river out of a mountain. That's pretty freakin' deep. Just so you know...
As we speak Joe is tiling that beast known as the bathtub surround. I haven't heard any swearing or throwing things so I'm going to say that it's going well. I could be wrong. He might have slipped in thinset hit his head and is unconscious. Hopefully he got the tile all up before that happened though. I can deal with head trauma. No Shower is just too much for this kid to handle.
I would say that I had the most fun during demolition. I do not remember sweating that much like, ever. I'm sure it was pretty sexy.

Removed the vanity and found this AMAZING linoleum.
Beside the cardio, here is the other reason I loved demo
We found these in the walls. I call them secret treasures, Joe says they are garbage. It just goes along with my sentimental nature. I like to think of all the reasons they would be in the walls. It's very likely that maybe a mouse or a sewing meerkat carried them in there but I like to think that a family just like ours put them in there for future renovators to find. Just let me have my moment of rose colored glasses, okay?
After removing all the debris we removed the tub. I think I still have fiberglass in my lungs. Or I've got the black lung. One of the two. Underneath the tub actually looked pretty darn good which always makes for happy renovators! All except for the 3' by 3' whole where the drain was.

I don't ask questions about why our house is the way that it is anymore. Suck it up, fix other's mistakes, and keep going. The hubs patched that bad boy right up and we were on our way to a new bathtub and plumbing.
Bathtub CHECK!
Plumbing CHECK!
It's at this point that I always start to get a flutter in my tummy.

It's sheetrock people! SHEETROCK!
...You know what comes after sheetrock? Texture. You know what comes after texture? PAINT! Oh yes. My love for paint and colors will never cease to thrive like a river out of a mountain. That's pretty freakin' deep. Just so you know...
As we speak Joe is tiling that beast known as the bathtub surround. I haven't heard any swearing or throwing things so I'm going to say that it's going well. I could be wrong. He might have slipped in thinset hit his head and is unconscious. Hopefully he got the tile all up before that happened though. I can deal with head trauma. No Shower is just too much for this kid to handle.