Thursday, September 15, 2011

POUTer Room - Chapter 1

Flashback to October 2009. Joe and I are looking at homes to start our family in. We have looked at probably 20 houses including the one we currently reside in and are getting incredibly frustrated considering we are up against a deadline to be out of our apartment. I would like to say it's because we got kicked out or something amazingly rebellious but we were just overanxious and young and put in our 30 days notice like, uh 60 days too early. After returning to our home for a second viewing this was the picture that still haunts our renovating dreams.



Yeah...

Then my husband said those words that give hope to every young girl in love with an idea of home remodeling, "I can fix that babe." Little did I know it would be almost two years and countless ideas later that we would be ready to open Pandora's box of bathroom remodeling.

You think that I'm joking about how awful this bathroom is. Here are a few more pictures just to help clear things up for ya'll.

This would be the nasty dirty vent that tries to dehumidify the room.



No that's not a mouse hole, well it might be, it's just someone being lazy and not finishing a job. Oooh and that trim.


My camera does not capture the RADIANT 1970s glitter that is in cooperated in that bathtub surround. You can still see those classy diamond shaped outlines though. Winning!


My personal favorite, uneven, dated light switches. Gah.







I have decided that I am going to do the opposite of what I usually do on projects. I am going to expect the absolute worst to happen. Hence this set of blog post titles. If I plan for the most awful of awful to happen the result has to be better than I think right? Please, please, please tell me that's how it works.

We start tomorrow people. If never another post gets written it's because Joe murdered me and buried my body underneath the dry rot that is our guest bathroom.