After eating a fantastic 10 pieces of bacon while grabbing my gut and hoping this one nights mishaps won't make me gain back the 15 pounds I've lost, I decided to post about my recent furniture mishaps and success.
Slowly and surely the new room is coming along. I was going to wait and reveal all the accoutrement at once but I just can't. So I'll make a few nugget sized posts instead. Woot!
I got this sewing table after saving this girl's life at a garage sale. So I guess she wasn't actually dead. She had a seizure and was non responsive but it acts A LOT like dead. That's another story for another post but I got it for free regardless. This is what it used to look like.
Slowly and surely the new room is coming along. I was going to wait and reveal all the accoutrement at once but I just can't. So I'll make a few nugget sized posts instead. Woot!
I got this sewing table after saving this girl's life at a garage sale. So I guess she wasn't actually dead. She had a seizure and was non responsive but it acts A LOT like dead. That's another story for another post but I got it for free regardless. This is what it used to look like.
What a sad little piece of unloved furniture.
Then BAM!
Lookin' saucy! Not as saucy as those Victoria Secret commercials that randomly come on the TV and our men pretend not to look at, but pretty dang fine.
Things not shown in these pictures:
Looks pretty good though. Eh?
Things not shown in these pictures:
- Spilling Dark Walnut stain ALL OVER our deck, the dog, my legs and more importantly my 'bidness' a little north of my legs. Note for future stainers--WEAR LONG SHORTS AND DON'T SIT SPREAD EAGLE!
- Carrying my 70 lbs. Golden Retriever with wood stain on her paws while trying to take giant leaps in my husband's flip flops to the bathroom as not to get stain all over our new carpet.
- Blowdrying the desk after a week of not completely drying.
Looks pretty good though. Eh?